PGF High Performance Clear Wood Grain Filler
FREE SHIPPING ON PINT AND QUART SIZE CABINET GRAIN FILLERS!!!
PGF 650 High Performance Clear Grain Filler is an easy-to-sand professional clear gel wood grain filler for filling the pores in woods (such as oaks, mahogany, ash, and hard-to-fill woods). Can be used on raw wood or after staining, sealers, or topcoats. For a finish as smooth as glass. this version of the popular Clear Wood Grain Filler has higher solids to fill quicker and easier.
Refinishing your kitchen cabinets or upcycling furniture? Get a smooth, glass-like finish with this professional method: de-gloss, sand, apply 2-3 coats of PGF 650 Clear Grain Filler, sand lightly before to coating.
"Easy product to use. Easy cleanup."
"Easy to use, no offensive odor, and does its job by filling in the grain."
Ideal Customers For Clear Wood Grain Filler
- Furniture makers
- Gun stock finishers
- Cabinet makers
- Piano restoration
- Antique restoration
- DIY woodworking hobbyists
Ideal for using as a wood grain filler on:
- Cabinets Vanities
- Guitars and other wood instruments
Clear Wood Grain Filler Benefits
- Grain Filler dries in 30-45 minutes for a faster build
- Crystal clear when dry
- Easy sanding
- Low odor and low VOC
- Can be tinted with water-soluble colorants or dyes
- Can be thinned with water
- More OSHA-friendly than solvent-based
- Lower insurance premiums
- Minimal shrinkage
- Water clean-up
Clear Wood Grain Filler Directions For Use
Surface Preparation: Surface must be clean and dry (free from all dirt, oil, wax and polish) before using the Aqua Coat Clear Wood Grain Filler. Sand surface thoroughly. Remove all dust with a vacuum, forced air or damp cloth (water).
Directions For Use: Aqua Coat Clear Wood Grain Filler should be applied after the piece is stained, and/or a seal coat (Aqua Coat “X-119” Sanding Sealer) has been applied.
- Stain and seal coat must be dry and lightly sanded with 220-grit or finer sandpaper.
- Grain Filler can be tinted with water-soluble colorants or dyes.
- If no stain or seal coat is used, you may apply Clear Grain Filler to the raw wood.
- Grain Filler may be applied with a soft cloth, using a circular motion, much like applying a paste wax. Or work Grain Filler generously into open wood grain pores with a small squeegee or flexible putty knife.
- Inspect to see if the grain is completely filled, then scrape or squeegee to remove excess.
- Let dry 30-45 minutes, then lightly sand with 320 grit paper.
- If grain is not completely filled, repeat the application process.
- 2-3 coats of Grain Filler are recommended.
- Allow overnight dry time and lightly sand before applying topcoats.