Aqua Tone Stains
This fast drying, non-bleeding, non-fading stain produces an even tone on all woods with low grain raise. Designed for use on all interior wood surfaces, cabinets, furniture, millwork, moldings, giftware, crafts, and all woodenware.
An infinite range of colors can be made by mixing two or more Aqua Tone stains and/or tinting colors. All Aqua Tone Stains may be intermixed to produce custom colors. Standard colors can be thinned with Aqua Tone “Natural” Stain to produce lighter stains. A little Early American stain added to the clear finish will give the amber look of lacquer or varnish.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Mix well prior to use. DO NOT shake. Straining is recommended before spray application. Can be thinned up to 50% with Aqua Tone Clear Stain Base if desired.
SURFACE PREPARATION: Surface must be clean and dry (free from all dirt, oil, wax, and polish). Nails and screws should be countersunk and filled with Aqua Coat Wood Putty. Sand the surface thoroughly with fine sandpaper and remove dust with vacuum or damp cloth.
APPLICATION: Apply using preferred method, dip or spray evenly. Wipe off excess. One coat is usually enough for most applications. A second coat of stain may be applied within 30 minutes if more color is desired which will increase color depth and grain definition. Allow one hour before top coating with Aqua Coat finish. Drying time is about 45-60 minutes, though it will vary with temperature humidity and porosity of wood. Coverage is 450 to 600 square feet per gallon unreduced, approximately.
NOTE: If one container of stain will not be enough to finish the entire piece, mix stain from second container with some of the first to ensure consistent stain tone.
- Ready to use and easy clean up
- Easy application by spraying, wiping, brushing or dipping.
- Formulated for use with HVLP spray systems.
- Finish solids and binders for added depth and color penetration.
- Easy intermixing to create custom colors
- Clear Stain Base allows creation of lighter tones of all stain colors
- Easy re-application over topcoats for highlights or deepening of color
- Smooth even results with reduced blotching
- Fast drying for quick top coating with any and all types of finishes
- Low odor, low VOC, non-flammable, non-combustible